🎧 How To DYOR & Not Get REKT
Round Table Recap: April 21st, 2023
In this Twitter Space, Jake, an Australian crypto content creator, discusses his journey in the crypto space, emphasizing the importance of research and content creation, with Garlam.
They also discuss how to conduct thorough research in the crypto space to avoid losses. They cover key topics like adapting research strategies, focusing on Ethereum and DeFi, and offering advice for content creators.
You can listen to the full audio here.
Keep reading 🍿👇️
• Garlam @GarlamWON
• Jake @jake_pahor
• Jake introduces himself by talking about how he’s from Australia and the crypto scene's recent growth.
• Jake’s been in the crypto space for the past two years, getting sucked into the 2021 fight as the bull run peaked.
• He explains how he’s focused on content creation and research over the last year.
• In mid-2022, he started his Twitter account, growing his following and engaging with numerous creators and CT gurus.
• He wrote and created many pieces to build a presence in the space.
• His goal is to be here full-time in the industry as a freelancer and crypto content creator.
Did your opinion about the industry change in 2022?
• Jake says that 2022 was a blessing in disguise for him.
• He believes that experiencing a bear market and getting one under your belt is a good learning curve for investors to prove how serious they are about the space.
• He further states that getting recked in LUNA and more rugs like STRONGBLOCK were a huge learning curve for him, teaching him to be more diligent with research.
• Furthermore, Jake says that his background in engineering gives him a process POV.
• He says blockchain tech cutting out the middleman makes sense to him.
• Jake says during COVID, people were woken up to the current system being a scam, which was also an aspect of his desire.
• This proves to Jake that it’s the industry to be in for the future.
• To add to this, he says that with all the talented people in the industry, how could it fail?
What do you do to format your research?
• Jake says the critical starting point is to develop your framework to indicate a good investment.
• He says utilizing Twitter CT is an excellent resource to utilize.
• Moreover, Jake says he documents each project he looks through, rating it out of 10 and categorizing each to make it easy for him to make investment decisions.
• He says he looks into various factors, such as tokenomics, revenue, team, and use case.
Has your research changed as the market does?
• Jake says that as the market changes, you must adapt and understand if specific research series is not working.
• Jake talks about how he switched to analyzing projects in the bear market, thoroughly preparing for the next bull market.
• He says he had more of an ape mentality in the bull market.
• Jake explains that the projects he chooses to research are based on his own personal interests and the ones CT talks about.
What are you looking at in the space at the moment?
• Jake says that ETH will be a dominant force for him.
• Jake explains that projects like LIDO and FRAX have different qualities, like being more decentralized and having more DeFi products. This will directly correlate to ETH's growth in the new un-staking Shanghai upgrade.
• Jake is monitoring Arbitrum and acknowledges the recent airdrop had a vast inflow around it.
• He further states that people are trying to move to the following narrative relating to 0% and zK.
• Jake says that NFTs and gaming are a natural avenue for adoption.
• He says the simple use cases and improved gaming UI will be effective in propelling the space forwards.
•Jake emphasizes that you need to be critical in your thinking, focused, and agile in how you think and choose to structure your investments.
🎧️ Tracking Crypto Narratives for Investment Opportunities 👇️
Vision for content creators?
• Jake says that finding a niche that you’re good at and that isn’t being talked about a lot is the way to go. •
• Jake explains that giving people the tools to succeed in the industry should be the aim.
• He says that providing value will help you grow your audience more quickly.
• Jake acknowledges that it’s a more saturated space now, so it will get harder naturally.
• Garlam and Jake talk about content that doesn’t always necessarily get the engagement you hoped for.
• Jake emphasizes that social media algorithms are constantly changing and that as long as you’re consistent, you will always be able to do well.
• Jake says just because the numbers are not going up, it doesn’t mean something is wrong with your work.
• He says psychologically, it can take a toll on your mental personally, but you need to be determined.
• Jake says having a good network where you can bounce engagement and ideas is an effective way to take downturns in your engagement.
🎧️ Monetizing a Social Media Following ethically and Transparently 👇️