Ethereum Has Hit 100m Active Users With Over $1k! Does This Answer If Crypto Is On The Comeback?
The big question : Who Is Still Left In Crypto? In 2021, it was estimated that there were over 100 million active cryptocurrency users worldwide. How Has That Changed?
The cryptocurrency space is seeing a steady increase in active users, with diverse demographics represented. The number continues to grow as more people become interested in the technology and its potential. But, who is still here for the rough patches?
In this post, we will look at the number of active users worldwide, demographic breakdown of active users, number of active wallets, active ecosystems, current top 25 dApps, usage statistics for the most widely used protocols, and the future growth and potential of the cryptocurrency space.
🚀 After a massive and complicated 2022, what's in store for 2023?
The number of cryptocurrency owners surpassed the 400 million mark in November 2022, hitting 402 million. The average monthly growth rate in adoption over the year was 2.9%.
😂 Statistics don't lie
In terms of gender, a survey conducted by ING shows that men make up the majority of cryptocurrency users, with 72% of surveyed men reporting they own or have owned cryptocurrency, compared to only 27% of surveyed women. Among the demographic groups studied, users between the ages of 18 and 49 years were the most apparent to say they've dabbled in crypto, at a rate of 50%.
🥇 Thailand is seen leading the way !🌍
The top 10 countries with the most users are:
- Thailand (20.1%)
- Nigeria (19.4%)
- Philippines (19.4%)
- Turkey (18.6%)
- Argentina (18.5%)
- Indonesia (16.4%)
- Brazil (16.1%)
- Singapore (15.6%)
- South Korea (13.4%)
- Malaysia (13.2%)
📈 Active crypto ecosystems are constantly evolving.
Bitcoin and Ethereum are leading the pack in terms of market capitalization. DeFi and NFT markets are also rising, with billions of dollars locked and traded.
There are currently 25 dApps and blockchains based on the number of distinct daily active users.
But we will share the Top 10 in descending order:
- As daily active users soar, the BNB Chain surpasses Ethereum in the number of unique addresses. On average, the BNB chain had 2.51 million daily transactions and 2.60 million weekly active users.
- In terms of daily active users, Polygon performed admirably in the web3 market, taking second place after BNB Chain. Around 412,430 users were active every day on Polygon. On Thursday, October 13, 2022, the most addresses were 782,186.
- Data indicates that in Q4 2022, Ethereum added over 4.5 million new active users. The number of Ethereum Daily Active Addresses has decreased from 527418.0 one year ago.
- Since the start of 2023, the Solana blockchain's daily active user base has increased by 55.9%. The number of daily users on Solana has reached 160,000, which is the highest level the blockchain has seen since the FTX meltdown in November.
- PancakeSwap is now leading the charts for Daily Active Users among dApps. After recently securing more than 50% of the Total Value Locked (TVL) on the Aptos blockchain, it strengthened DEX's dominance on the BNB Chain.
- Optimism : Based on the number of unique sender addresses, the monthly average daily active users in January 2022 was 2.0K, and 55.9K in January 2023. Within the period of 1yr, it experienced a YoY change of +2,695%.
- Uniswap is the leading DEX for Ethereum, with more than $3.5 billion secured in its smart contracts. Uniswap saw most of the $854 billion in decentralized exchanges in 2022. In 2022, only 12% of active decentralized traders used another exchange.
- OpenSea has a $13.3 billion market cap with more than 1 million registered users.Each month, more than 121 million individuals visit the OpenSea website.
- The most current data indicates that 62% of Ethereum's weekly transactions are now hosted on Arbitrum. Weekly active users have increased by 125% from October 10, 2022.
- Fantom officially hit 40M users, ranking as the #2 most popular chain (18.7M users) at the beginning of 2023. With 6.3M unique users, an increase of +2242% over this day the previous year.
🤔 Will there still be a breakthrough in the number of Active Users in 2023?
The potential for growth and mainstream acceptance is vast. Despite the market downturn, there were still around 1 million daily blockchain gamers for most of 2022!
As more people become educated on the benefits of #cryptocurrency, we expect a steady increase in user adoption.
Let’s wait and see what the year has in stock for us!
Please Share, Leave Feedback, and Follow Us on Twitter, Telegram, and LinkedIn to stay connected with us.